Netherlands Leprosy Relief (NLR), is a professional organization working in the field of leprosy and disability in 16 leprosy endemic countries. Each year, around 219.000 people globally are diagnosed with leprosy. Indonesia ranks number 3, with relatively high disability rates. NLR, with its International Office in Amsterdam, has been supporting projects in Indonesia since 1967. The main partner of NLR Indonesia is the Ministry of Health (MoH) and activities are aligned to MoH policies and priorities. At provincial level, the Leprosy Control Program Technical Advisors (LCTAs) are strengthening the capacity of the provincial and districs government’s health staff to improve the quality of leprosy services. Next to supporting leprosy control, NLR Indonesia’s Inclusion and Disability program aims to support and advance holistic, community-based rehabilitation and sustainable inclusive development for persons with disabilities, including children with disabilities and people affected by leprosy.
Chemoprophylaxis e.g. single-dose of rifampicin (SDR) have been shown to be effective as post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) in contacts of leprosy patients. It is expected to be sufficiently bactericidal to treat people with subclinical leprosy infection. It is not found to be very effective in close contacs hence an effective additional strategy is screening of contacs of new cases using an immunological screening test and giving those testing positive an enhanced prophylaxis with two antibiotics and the intervention is known as PEP++, while the others whor are not positive receive a single dose of rifampicin.
Start on 2017, NLR will implement the PEP++ in 3 highest leprosy endemic countries (India, Brazil and Indonesia). In Indonesia, the five-years project will be implemented in two districs of East Java. Our dream is to stop transmission of leprosy with objectives are to achieve early detection and preventive treatment of leprosy-infected people before symtoms appear, to provide and to disseminate evidence of the effectiveness of the Stop Transmission approach to relevant stakeholders.
We are looking for the full-time position of: Data Officer (will be based mainly in Jakarta for system maintenance with frequent travels to Surabaya during data collection)
The Data Officer oversees the implementation of the management information systems at national level. S/he is responsible for the operation of a data collection platform (DCP), its database development, managing its web-server, its integration with any existing electronic management information system, in close collaboration with relevant stakeholders of the project and partners. S/he reports to the PEP++ Project Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop and maintain the data collection platform and databases, preferably DHIS2 on Tomcat and Postgresql.
2. Plan and oversee management and maintenance of the web-server and linking with existing electronic information management systems.
3. Participate in relevant meetings and workshops etc. in project related areas.
4. Support the remote mapping for cluster analysis using GIS
5. Participate in providing graphic services including preparation, layout, and design of a variety of reports, displays, maps and graphics, to ensure accuracy and completeness of digital GIS maps and data files.
6. Perform other related duties as required.
1. Bachelor degree in Information Technology, with knowledge of Apache webserver management and web-based health information systems, as areas of specialization from an accredited college or university.
2. Minimum three years of professional experiences in areas of Database Management, webserver management/ maintenance.
3. Experiences in management information systems (MIS), HMIS, preferably DHIS2.
4. Experience with GIS data collection software, such as Maplt Pro.
5. Working knowledge of languages such as Java, SQL, XML etc.
How to Apply
Application letter together with updated CV and reference letters should be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is Jun 5th, 2018. However, application will be screened immediately upon reaching the above email address. The qualified candidate will be contacted for requirement process accordingly. Preference shall be given for having working experiences in similar or related project on above topics.
NLR Indonesia values diversity and inclusion and encourages all qualified people to apply, regardless of religion, race, gender, sexual orientation or disability